Who we are
The Trans Youth Support Network is a partnership of youth and community members working together to support trans youth in Minnesota.
What does "Trans" mean?
When we use the term "trans," we mean any person who challenges or crosses over their society's perceived gender roles and/or expectations.
We were founded as a community response to a series of incidents of violence targeting young transwomen of color in the Fall of 2004. Today, our work continues to be shaped and directed by trans youth.
What We're About
Through organizing, education, advocacy, and youth leadership development from http://paydayloansonlineresource.org/payday-loans-no-credit-check/, we seek to address the root cause of injustice and oppression that queer, trans and gender non-conforming youth and youth of color face.
- To make it possible for trans and gender non-conforming youth to survive adultism, racism, sexism and economic injustices in systems we have to engage with to get our basic needs met.
- To hold dependable community spaces for trans and gender non-conforming youth to dream of and shape another world supportive of our whole selves.
- To claim the resources and power we need to build the world we dream of
- We dream of a world full of physical and intangible spaces where young trans folk are not isolated but instead are developing intergenerational trust, healing strategies, and education models side by side.
- We recognize that only as our whole, learning, and healing selves are we able to build healthy-sustainable relationships & solidarity in and across movements.
- We trust that through this interdependence we can be strong enough to not only survive but dismantle systemic oppressions like: adultism, racism, misogyny, and capitalism.
- We believe in and will create a just world!
How We're Possible
TYSN is doing our work through generous funding and support by the community and: